Background

Friday, October 10, 2014

Bumpdate: 17 Weeks (...and Some Big News!)

How far along: 17 weeks 4 days
Size of baby: Onion--approximately 5.1 inches from head to rump and 5.9 oz.
Total weight gain/loss: I will get weighed at my appointment next week. I'm not sure, for now!
Stretch marks: No new ones.
Maternity clothes: Maybe half and half. The maternity clothes are so much more comfortable, but a lot of my longer shirts and looser pants still work.
Baby-related purchases: Some yarn for a soft knitted blanket (I'm also making a matching one for Z to get when the baby's born)...and I think that's it. I'm trying to take it easy, since I know we have most of what we need already.
Movement: I have definitely felt movement the past few weeks! Austin has even felt and heard this little one kicking around!
Sleep: Not too bad. Zia has had a cold and been teething for eternity, so her sleep is struggling. She woke up at 5 am last night (this morning? still seems like night to me...) and had the hardest time going back to sleep, even though I let her snuggle in our bed. I have still been a little uncomfortable, but the colder nights seem to help me sleep better. Once in a while it's hard to sleep since the little peanut is kicking around a lot harder lately. I think it's cute, though. :)
Belly button in or out: Still half and half, but I feel like it won't be much longer until it's completely out. 
What I miss: Right now, I think I only miss feeling fully rested and being comfortable in my own skin. I'm feeling less moody and stressed (for the most part), and lots of exciting stuff has been happening lately! I'm mostly just excited these days.
Cravings: The only one I can think of right now is maraschino cherry everything! I usually don't really like it, but I can't get enough! I also am still loving my tradition of getting a small sweet pork salad at Costa Vida once or twice a week when I'm at school. So yummy!
Worries: I feel a little less worried now that we know the gender(!!) and I can feel this little bean kicking around off and on all day. I guess I will still feel a little better after the anatomy scan at the end of the month, but I am feeling less worried. 
What I look forward to: My appointment next week, the anatomy scan in a few weeks, and meeting this little person! This pregnancy is just flying by. Also, we found a new apartment! I cannot wait to get all moved in and settled in the home that will be this baby's first!
Celebrations: Finding out that we're having....a GIRL! Zia is getting a sweet little sister. I am so excited for them to be friends. Also finding this new apartment. We will have another bedroom for little sister and some more storage, bathroom, and kitchen space (hooray!). We should be moving in the next two months, so that is pretty awesome!

As far as the new apartment goes, it couldn't be anything but an answer to prayer. I have been so stressed about  the possibility of bringing another baby home to this apartment (and proceeding to live here with a family of four for the next 6 months or more), so hearing about this amazing apartment in our budget is like a dream come true. I know God hears and answers our prayers and is mindful of our needs (and even our wants. :) ). He is so good to us, and I am grateful that this is all working out the way it has. The new place is even closer to Austin's work and is still pretty close to school. So, if you have any packing/moving tips (especially for moving while being pregnant and having a 20-month-old), send them my way! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Great information! Would you please consider sharing my link to your readers? Please email me back at haileyxhailey gmail.com.

    Thanks!
    Hailey

    ReplyDelete