Background

Thursday, March 13, 2014

St. Patrick's Day Rainbow Kabobs with Fruit Dip

Can you believe St. Patrick's Day is just around the corner? This year has been flying by. I think the holiday calls for a fun recipe that I've been wanting to post for ages...but it wasn't really winter appropriate. I originally saw it at a party about a year ago. A total stranger made the beautiful kabobs, and I just had to make my own! Introducing, Rainbow Fruit Kabobs!


The perfect (not dyed green) St. Patty's day snack. They are almost as pretty as they are delicious! They make a perfect rainbow, and the dip makes a fabulous pot of gold. I paired these kabobs with  "The Best Fruit Dip EVER!" from Iowa Girl Eats and was very pleased. :) I made them for a neighborhood picnic last summer, and they were a big hit! I would recommend making the dip before you get started on the kabobs. Just stick it in the fridge until you're ready for it.


To make your own Rainbow Kabobs, you will need:

Skewers (I used bamboo skewers.)
At least one fruit for each color of the rainbow:
Red--Strawberries, raspberries, blood oranges, watermelon chunks, ruby red grapefruits
Orange--Oranges, canned mandarin oranges, clementines, cantaloupe chunks
Some could work for orange or yellow, depending on which variety you get: Mangoes, peaches, nectarines, apricots
Yellow--Bananas, pineapples
Green--Kiwis, green grapes, honeydew chunks, star fruits
Blue--Blueberries, blackberries
Purple--Red grapes (that look purple? haha), plums

I'm sure there are other fruits that would work, so be creative!

Simply wash and cut each of your fruits into bite size pieces. Start with a red fruit and work your way down the list, using one or two of each fruit, depending on how full you want to make the skewers. Arrange the kabobs on a dish as you like. I just laid them flat, but I have seen people form a rainbow shape with the skewers before--cute!

Now just bring out your dip and enjoy!

I hope you guys try these. They are so yummy and so fun. I'd love to see a picture if you do!

Happy (early) St. Patrick's Day!

-Malia

Linking up to Artsy Corner Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment