Background

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

My Baby is Growing Up...

Zia doesn't get enough love here on the blog. I could write about her everyday, but I am not sure the world would be quite as enthralled with her antics as I always am. But as we are getting closer and closer to her first birthday, I am getting seriously nostalgic. I can't believe how huge she has gotten! Just today she decided that she can stand on her own for a good ten seconds or more. She was so proud of herself every time she did so, and I was both completely proud and a little bit sad that she is growing up so fast. I think every parent can understand what I mean by that. Every milestone is so fun, but you still don't want your baby to grow up!

Just recently, Zia discovered how to turn the light off. It is definitely one of her favorite pastimes now. She also has suddenly started loving books. It's so sweet! She will crawl over to me, scooting a book on the floor with one hand, and do her "I want something" face until I read it to her. I love it. Once in a while she claps when she is really pleased with herself, though her hands sometimes miss each other (so adorable). She has also started doing a few signs, like "more," "all-done," and "eat." When did my giggly little girl get so stinking smart? It's hard to wrap my brain around how quickly she is changing and learning. She is one smart cookie. :)

In other news, Z's third tooth finally came in. Hooray! Now the other side of her face seems to be bugging her, so hopefully the fourth tooth will make its appearance soon. The first two were about a week and a half apart, so we're hoping for similar timing this time around. I'm not sure what the average ages are for teeth to come in...but I am pretty sure Zia has been putting hers off for as long as possible. I don't blame her, poor thing. She teethes FOREVER before each one pops through. Drool, pulling on her ears, biting everything in sight, pointing to her sore gums...all the symptoms make for one unhappy baby.

Anyway, I didn't get on here to complain. I wanted to announce some posts I have in the works to celebrate Zia's upcoming birthday and share a little bit about what I've learned in my first year of life as a mommy.

With any luck, I'll soon be sharing my second post about baby food, some tips for helping babies sleep, Zia's favorite toy (and how to make it), a dress I just made for Z, mommy-baby matching Easter skirts, a baby tutu tutorial, DIY baby photo shoots (with only your smart phone and things you have on hand), and lots more!

Now, here's the good stuff. My sweet Zia. :)

This is what happens when I try to do homework or blog when Zia is awake. :)

Z has rediscovered her feet and loves them more than ever. She sucks on her toes once in a while, which cracks us up! She even tries to eat her feet when she's in the high chair if her tray isn't on. Silly girl! I actually have a very similar picture of me doing this around that age. I will have to find it. :)

Mirror time at church is sometimes the only portion of church that Zia is happy for. She loves it.

Remember that DIY baby photo shoot I was talking about? Here's a sneak peek at some of the adorable shots I got.



She's my little dancer. That last picture cracks me up. The shoes were somewhere in the room when we started, and she kept on leaving our setup to find them. I finally decided to use them as a prop, but she picked them up and made puppy dog eyes at me, so I eventually put them on. She loves those shoes so much! They have been a life saver. Her chubby little feet don't fit into most baby shoes, so I was happy when I found this pair at Target. They're like her little ballet shoes. :)

I can't get enough of my cute girl, but it's getting late, so I better sign off.

Thanks for reading!

-Malia

No comments:

Post a Comment