Background

Monday, February 3, 2014

Star Light Star Bright Quilt-A-Long! Week 1: Cutting

As you can see from my new button on the left, I am participating in Melissa of Happy Quilting's Star Light Star Bright Quilt-a-long! Yippee Skippee, as she always says. ;) This week was our first week with an assignment to complete and link up, so I am just posting my progress. I finished all of the cutting for a baby-size quilt. I haven't decided if I will keep it for Z or do something else with it, but I have been looking forward to working on this project since the day she announced the quilt-a-long!

I picked out my fabrics at my favorite local quilt shop. They have a "Fat Quarter Friday" every month, so I thought it would be the perfect time to buy my fabrics! They are a mixture of brands and lines, so I hope they go together in the end!


This is the fabric that I based my theme around.



Here are all the happy piles! It took me almost all of Saturday to finish, but I did it! As Z has gotten older, she has become increasingly fond of being exactly in the middle of whatever I'm working on. She loves to stop and sit on my cutting mat (which is often on the floor because of limited space). She cracks me up.


You may notice that I have an extra pile of printed fabric. Since I am a little nervous about the way these will look together, I decided to get one extra so that I can toss one out if I decide I hate it before the next step. ;)




That's about it! Click on the quilt-a-long button in the left sidebar to find out more about it or check out other people's progress!

Thanks for stopping by!

-Malia

1 comment:

  1. I love the fabrics you have brought together!! They are so much fun!!! Great job on getting all of that cutting done. And I am glad to hear I am not the only one to have little people sitting on their cutting mats :)

    ReplyDelete