Background

Friday, January 3, 2014

Closet Refashion--DIY V Neck to Cowl Neck Shirt

I have another closet refashion to share with you today! I am obviously having a little too much fun with my sewing New Year's resolution. ;) I just wanted to share this awesome top based on the tutorial from Trash to Couture. I didn't do a tutorial--hers is great, so I didn't feel the need! This would be the perfect project if you have a shirt that is too long that you would like to refashion.

Here is the inspiration picture from the tutorial I mentioned above:


I so wish I had a dress form, as a side note. Maybe one day. Anyway, here is my version! I haven't added any buttons yet, but I really like how it turned out!


diy v neck to cowl neck shirt, cowl neck shirt tutorial, v neck shirt refashion, t-shirt refashion, cowl neck t-shirt

diy v neck to cowl neck shirt, cowl neck shirt tutorial, v neck shirt refashion, t-shirt refashion, cowl neck t-shirt

diy v neck to cowl neck shirt, cowl neck shirt tutorial, v neck shirt refashion, t-shirt refashion, cowl neck t-shirt

I whipped up a quick long-sleeve shirt from a fabric remnant I bought forever ago at Hobby Lobby, then I used the tutorial to make the cowl neck. It is nice and cozy for winter, and I like that it isn't just a t-shirt. I like simple, comfortable clothes, but I also like to look cute. This met all of my qualifications. ;)

I haven't decided if I will add buttons yet. I didn't make my V neck quite as deep as the one in the tutorial, because I didn't have quite as much excess fabric as the tutorial called for, but I think it all worked out. I left the sleeves and bottom of the shirt alone, so they just roll a little bit. I thought I was going to hem them, but I like the look of the rolling edges with the bunchy cowl collar. The two looks compliment each other well. :) 

If you have an old V neck t-shirt that needs a new look, give this tutorial a try! It's quick and chic. :)

-Malia




No comments:

Post a Comment