Background

Sunday, November 10, 2013

Ah-MAZING Mini Eggnog Cheesecakes

The past few months have been a nice chance for me to get back in touch with my crafty side. Along those lines, I have also been cooking more than I have in a long time. It's been fun! (Well, fun except for all the dishes that I create for myself...haha.) I have tried a few wonderful recipes lately that I thought were too good to not share, and today's recipe is also a holiday one.

Mini Eggnog Cheesecakes!

mini eggnog cheesecakes, eggnog, cheesecake, mini cheesecake


I found this yummy recipe for eggnog cheesecake while I was looking up recipes for homemade eggnog. We are kind of obsessed with the stuff, so I was wondering if it would be any cheaper to make our own. Anyway, I saw the eggnog cheesecake idea and just had to try it. It's two of my favorite sweets rolled into one--score! I don't have a spring-form pan yet, so I decided to try making mini cheesecakes in my cupcake tins. I have successfully done that with other recipes, so I gave it a shot. I'm really glad I did, because they were SO YUMMY! Here is my version of the recipe (and thank you to Delicious Shots for sharing it originally):

mini eggnog cheesecakes, eggnog, cheesecake, mini cheesecake, eggnog cheesecake


Mini Eggnog Cheesecakes
(makes about 24)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Crust:
8 oz graham cracker crumbs (I think you could get by with less. I had some left over.)
4 oz butter, melted

Line muffin tins with paper liners. (I did one batch of 12 in a full-size muffin tin and two batches of 12 (24 total) in my mini muffin tins.) In a bowl, gradually mix melted butter into graham cracker crumbs. Stir until incorporated. Press 1-2 spoonfuls of the mixture into the bottom of each cupcake liner.

Bake crusts for about 8 minutes--until they start to brown. Allow to cool while making the filling.

Filling:
2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese
1/4 cup sour cream
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 egg yolks
3 Tbsp dark rum (We don't drink alcohol or cook with it very often, so we didn't have this hanging around. I'm guessing it would cook out, but I didn't want to buy it just for this recipe. I substituted maple syrup and store-bought eggnog to make sure I still got enough liquid. I did about 2 Tbsp maple syrup and 1 Tbsp eggnog.)
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of salt

Use a hand mixer to blend the cream cheese, sour cream, and sugar until smooth. Add everything else and mix until fully incorporated. Fill muffin tins about 3/4 full. Bake about 15-20 minutes (6 to 10 minutes for the tiny cheesecakes.) You want them to be firm and baked all the way through. 

Cool completely and enjoy! 

These turned out so great. They didn't taste quite as much like eggnog as I expected. They were more like spiced cheesecakes, but we loved them.

For more treat ideas, check out my Sweet Tooth board on Pinterest. Happy cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment